Privacy Statement for Centurion Lettings LTD & P A Wood T/A Centurion Property
SECTION 1 – WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you browse our website, we automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to interact with our service we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only of selling, purchasing, being a tenant or landlord of a property.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Centurion, Equity House, 4-6 Market Street, Old Harlow, Essex, CM17 0AH.
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSING PERSONAL DATA & THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
- To third parties who process personal data on our behalf
- To third parties who offer a service on our behalf, like a mortgage advisor, plumber, electricians and maintenance companies/individuals
- To third parties whom information is shared for anti-money laundering checks, credit checks, debt collection, fraud, and crime prevention
- To use tracing services to obtain onward contact details and collect any unpaid debts
- To inform utility companies of meter readings and forwarding addresses
- Any regulator, accountant, external auditor where we are required by law due to regulation
- To any government department and other statutory or public bodies, such as HMRC and tax collection
- To any tradesperson whom is required to carry out work at properties we are marketing or managing on behalf of landlords.
- Where personal data is stored electronically we store all personal information on secure servers with relevant access and firewalls.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide for us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as credit reference agencies have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your rental related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their own privacy policies, so you can understand the way your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our web pages, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 4 – SECURITY
We do not sell, rent or trade any of your personal data.
We will NOT without your consent, disclose or supply your personal data to any third party for their own direct marketing.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
No method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements when using our debit card facilities and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
If our Company is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to deliver a service to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to; access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Director or Sole Trader, Paul Wood of Centurion Lettings LTD & Centurion Property, Equity House, 4-6 Market Street, Old Harlow, Essex, CM17 0AH.
Version: May 2018